It could happen at any time that Microsoft does an unattended update on your computer, that the settings inside the c:\Windows\System32 folder are reset to Factory-Settings.
This brings up and error in Medinol – a red Error Message Windows shows up.
Here’s how to fix the “DOS Error 4” error
- Get to the windows desktop
- Click on the search icon bottom RH corner of Taskbar
- Type in: Notepad
- Right click on Notepad in the results window, click Run as Administrator
- Wait for Notepad to open
- Click on File on top left, then Open
- Inside file dialog, enter Config.nt
- The contents of this file will be displayed in front of you?
- Navigate to the end of the file
- Change the last line must from Files = 40 to Files = 99
- Close the file by clicking on the X in top RH corner
- You will be returned to the Windows desktop
That’s it! We’ll done! You should now be good to go.
Thank you for choosing Medinol Practice Management Software
Enjoy your day 😍