Maximum Dispensing Fee
As per Government Gazette No: 43145, dated 27 March 2020
The Dispensing fee changes as follows:
The appropriate dispensing fee as contemplated in the Act to be charged by persons licensed & must be calculated, exclusive of VAT, as follows:
(a) Where the SEP of a scheduled medicine is less than R128.00 the dispensing fee must not exceed 30% of the SEP
(b) Where the SEP of a scheduled medicine is greater than or equal to R128.00 the dispensing fee shall not exceed R38.40 (exclusive VAT) and R44.16 (inclusive VAT).
To implement this in Medinol:
- Navigate to Medinol main menu, Processing, Command Prompt
- At the command prompt enter: SYSMAINT
- At the bottom of the first column, find the fields: Markup, Threshold and Fixed Amount
- Enter these as: Markup = 30%
Threshold = 128.00
Fixed Amount = 44.16
- Press Enter to continue and leave the rest of the remaining fields unchanged.
- Once you are returned to the command prompt, Enter EXIT to return to the Medinol Main Menu
- Next, Exit from Medinol back to Windows and Re-Enter Medinol
- The new dispensing parameters will now be in effect.
All the best
Brought to you by Medinol Practice Management Software