Here’s how much the antibody test will cost you – excluding your doctor’s consultation fees:
- Ampath: R230
- Pathcare: R224.10 (24-hour turnaround time in Gauteng and Western Cape, 48 hours elsewhere)
- Lancet: R230 (24 hours from sample arrival in Johannesburg)
You can now get a Covid-19 antibody test for R230, with results in 24 hours
- All major pathology labs in South Africa are now offering Covid-19 antibody tests, with some promising results in 24 hours.
- These tests are significantly cheaper than the PCR test, but they’re not indicated for everyone.
- You’ll still need to visit your doctor for a referral though.
- For more stories visit Business Insider South Africa.
Three of South Africa’s leading private pathology labs are now offering Covid-19 antibody tests – after a lengthy approval delay by the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA).
The recently-approved antibody tests are significantly cheaper than the gold-standard of reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test, which tests for active infections.
Read full article
Brought to you by Medinol Medical Billing Software